Ribbons & Jane

posted on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011

As I was packaging the Rau Family print order and poking around through a ribbon box I wondered what my grandma Jane would think of my handy-work. Lately, the SFP print packages have become more simplified. Mostly, to save time, but also to establish a less feminine, more uni-sex look. It's growing on me. The box on the left holds 5x7 and 4x6 prints plus the CD {shown on the right.} The folder in the center holds the 8x10's. All products are courtesy of Paper Source.

My grandmother {pictured below} is one of my earth angels. Driving through the woods and soft hills to her home was one of my favorite pleasures growing up. Waiting there was a closet full of toys, games, and crafts beautifully organized just like her well kept home. She always gave her undivided attention whether she was hovering over me while I drew, teaching me how to sew, or if we were playing a board game like Yahtzee or UNO {remember?!}. Sometimes, my great aunts would be there, too. In all, there were thirteen siblings in her family. But I only knew two of her sisters really well, Aunt Bunnie and Aunt Connie. Imagine feisty, direct, good humored women who were each very talented whether in the kitchen, with crafting or out in the garden. There was no better schooling than being in their company and learning not only their crafts but their values.

Dear grandma, you are so very missed. There are so many things that I want to share with you like my box of ribbons, my cooking, my husband, the pictures I make and my neat little home that I think you would like. I talk to you often, and know with my heart that you are always listening. The other night, I was so excited to see you in my dream. Drop by anytime. Being in your company remains one of my greatest pleasures.

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Gorgeous :) I love simple, elegant packaging!

Sandra Fazzino Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger