Lauren and Glenn + One

posted on: Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back in late October, I was about to enjoy one of the most exquisite meals ever at the new wine bar, Secco, in Richmond, VA where my stellar brother-in-law is the executive chef when I received a call from an expecting mom inquiring about a maternity session. I was thrilled! Only one month into my new photography business and Google Ads was working. Lauren described the photo seen below of the forever-sexy Cindy Crawford 7 months preggo on the 1999 June cover of W magazine as photographed by Michael Thompson. I was in love with the idea, and we booked her session for January 9th.

At that moment, I realized that taking a leap of faith is so worth it. I never knew what to expect from embarking on this new journey. I still don't know. But in those/these moments, it feels like I'm floating. And I will say, that it is also my brother-in-law, Tim, and my sister who inspired me to follow my heart. Only three years ago, Tim left my sister to finish up his culinary degree in Florence, Italy. They both made extraordinary sacrifices, and I would say after seeing him in that kitchen and eating his fine food, it paid off. Simultaneously, my sister was pushing along with her new company NEAT and shortly after Tim returned, landed a consulting spot on the A&E TV show Hoarders. Sitting at the table in their company was a perfect time to feel the grace of making the leap. And onward, we enjoyed all of the delicious foods Tim served us - a lovely red, Crivelli Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato from Piedmont, Italy, cauliflower and chocolate soup, fried olives, pasta made in-house, salumi toscano... oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about that meal!

Well, this past Sunday that amazing evening was far behind me as I ventured into the studio to photograph Lauren and her lovely husband, Glenn. Bummer is, I can't show you the results! I'm respecting their wishes to keep the studio shots private. So, here are a few pix we took after the studio session, just some simple lifestyle portraits out along the sunny but freezing San Francisco Crissy Field. Lauren is not only beautiful, she is brave for battling the chill in her maxi sundress! Baby Aidan is one lucky little boy, and he doesn't even know it yet.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Sandra Fazzino Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger