Tessa + Buddy and Matters of the Heart.

posted on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011

As I was about to post a few pix from another wedding as a 2nd shooter for First Comes Love, the news announced the passing of Steve Jobs. His 2005 address to Stanford grads lifted my spirits and reinforces one of life's most important fundamentals:

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." 

"If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on."


When my grandfather saw that my father, at age 12, was interested in cars and handy with building an engine from scratch, he dug a ditch in the cement floor of the garage so that my father could work on cars safely. When my uncle learned that I had taken a strong interest in photography, he bought me my first Nikon camera for my sixteenth birthday. When my sister's husband decided to change careers, she sacrificed their time together and encouraged him to quit his job to study in Florence. Four months before my husband and I started dating, his company announced he would be transferred from San Francisco back to Modena, his hometown. Alessandro wasn't ready to leave the states, so he took that opportunity to chase his dream. He landed a job with Ferrari North America three months later. 

Thank goodness for following one's heart and all who support us along the way. Because of them, there is greatness. Not always Steve Job greatness, but greatness, all the same.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Sandra Fazzino Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger