Cheesecake - Italian Style

posted on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If you're a dear friend, you know I like to cook, but baking is not my forte. Unfortunately, for my husband that doesn't mean I don't give it all the effort I've got. So, from time to time, he becomes a guinea pig, and more often than not, he's left disappointed. But this time, I nailed it! So, I'm sharing the recipe with all of you.

Photobucket

30 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
6 eggs
zest of one lemon

12 graham crackers
1/3 cup melted butter
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar

Preheat Oven to 325 degrees. Greese a non-stick tart pan with butter. In a bowl, mix one package (12) crushed graham crackers, 1/3 cup melted butter, 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar. Mix well. Pack into pan using a spatchula and place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. 

Separate 6 eggs. In large bowl mix egg yokes with 3/4 sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, lemon zest of one lemon and 30 oz of whole milk ricotta cheese. Blend until smooth. 

In separate bowl whip egg whites until a peak forms. Gently combine with ricotta cheese mixture and poor into prepared tart pan. 

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, let cool in refrigerator for several hours.

The ricotta cheese mixture actually makes two cheesecakes. So, if you have more graham crackers, like I did, make two! If you don't have a tart pan, you can use an 8 or 9" round cake pan. It will take longer to bake and it's a little trickier to remove the cheesecake, but I made it work. ; )

1 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

Love these Sandra!! Awesome sauce!

Sandra Fazzino Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger