Doing It Afraid + The End

posted on: Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's over. 2nd shooting the 2011 wedding season with the talented and tenacious Alison Bank of First Comes Love is over. Did I ever mention she pulled off 16 out of her 18 weddings this year pregnant? That said, for her, she's full of relief. I, on the other hand, can't wait for more. 2012 can not come too soon. A year ago last month, I launched my photography portrait business and immediately felt the itch to give wedding photography a go. I met Alison, and it all just clicked. Yes, pun intended. But the most important thing about what has happened over these last thirteen months is, I've done it afraid. 

This is a great example from our last wedding of the season to demonstrate the beauty in doing life afraid. When Alison was prepping me for the last wedding with the gorgeous Rachael and Tim, she mentioned I would be "manning" the photo booth. I was confused. Usually photo booths are self-serve or someone from a photo booth company tends the booth. Really? I had to hang out at the photo booth during cocktail hour? Eeerrrrr…. I was afraid. What if I got bored? What if I missed really great shots? What if I looked like a geek?! All of it. So, I opted to do it afraid and to do it with JOY. I was peppy, and low and behold…. I had a BLAST at the make shift photo booth. Which ultimately was absolutely darling.

And guess what happened? While I was taking these adorable photos….
Photobucket

…. the bride came along and asked to take this sticky sweet photo. And then…..
Photobucket

The groom came along and the girls encouraged Tim and Rachael to take a shot with the "hooray" flag, but I knew that shot deserved a better environment with a little bit nicer light, so we walked over to this area underneath the twinkling lights and draping vines. And then…..
Photobucket

…. the couple saw this door, which was right behind me as I was taking the above photo, and Tim just couldn't stop staring at it, and they thought a photo here was a good idea, too. (I swoon - look at the hearts just above the door frame!)
Photobucket

So,  my lesson in this is - doing it afraid pays off. And doing it with JOY pays off even more. 

If my twelve year old brother is reading this, I hope if there's anything I ever pass down to you (since I am 27 years your senior) it is this lesson in life. Do it even though you don't want to, even though you're afraid, and do it with joy. Your heart is full of goodness and that will shine through in all that you do and that will give others joy, too. 


XXX Happy Wednesday!


1 comments:

Silvia - Magnolia Wedding Planner said...

Love it! Can't wait to meet you :)

Silvia

Sandra Fazzino Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger