Change

posted on: Friday, March 4, 2011

Something I've learned how to do in my 30's is to be uncomfortable, to sit with uncomfortable feelings and allow them to pass when they're good and ready. The east-coaster in me found this approach to life passive. I've always fallen into the "grab-the-bull-by-the-horns-and-fix-it" category. In my teens and my 20's, I would do anything to take away an uncomfortable feeling, and I mean just about anything. And if I couldn't accomplish something from start to finish with the snap of my little chubby fingers - let her rip!

So, what is it about change that brings up those feelings? Change, afterall, can often be a good thing. It's just that change can be slow and unpredictable. It means something new is coming, something different like loss of control, disorganization, complications, chaos, and disruption of my beautifully orchestrated and comfortable routine. I'm grinning as I type, because the change that has me in a tizzy hasn't even happened yet, and it's already crippling me. There is so much wisdom that has been passed down to me from others, and it's whispering in my ear. Will I listen to it? Will I sit with these uncomfortable feelings and keep walking the walk despite my fear? Yes, I probably will. And everything will probably turn out well with all sorts of unexpected abundance and good things.



Photobucket

0 comments:

Sandra Fazzino Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger